Alternatives To MVC
Une série d’articles intéressants (quoiqu’un peu polémiques) sur le modèle MVC, le CRUD, …
Extraits choisis :
CRUD is a well solved problem. We have tools like WordPress and Drupal and Joomla andAlfresco and ExpressionEngine and tons and tons of others.There are three reasons not to use them:
- They don’t fit your use-caseThen either you’re not just doing CRUD, or you’re lying to yourself about it not fitting your use-case.
- You want to learnThat’s fine, as long as it’s not done in a professional context.
- You’re an elitistYou think you’re too good to use an existing tool.
The Real ProblemThe real problem is that we really have 3 classes of developers:
- 75% Use CMS’sEven if what they are doing is more suited to custom development.
- 24% Use Custom Code (based on a framework or not)Even if they should use a CMS.
- 1% Use BothThey pick the right tool for the job.